Project 1—Victims’ Rights Legislation Critique
In your role as a system-based advocate, you have been asked to offer analysis on a new proposed bill in the jurisdiction of Virtual. For your Project in this course, you will be conducting a Victims’ Rights Legislation Critique in the form of a 4-5 page memo to your supervisor.
See link for reference
Project 1— Victims’ Rights Legislation Critique
- Your memo should review Section 4 and 4.5 of the bill proposed in the jurisdiction of Virtual and must provide the following analysis:
- Introduction: Based on your review of the proposed bill, what issue/s involving victims is this legislation designed to address?
- What processes would be required for this legislation to work in practice?
- Does the section seem to have clear ways to enforce the victims’ rights if violations occur?
- What could make enforcement stronger in the bill? Consider special rights for vulnerable and special populations that we have addressed in the course.
- What common victims’ rights seem to be missing?
- What are possible consequences of these missing rights?
- What, if any, liabilities attach to those who violate these victims’ rights? What recommendations would you make regarding possible liability of those who violate the rights of crime victims’ under this law?
- Conclusion: Summarize how this bill aligns with common victims’ rights you have learned about in the course.
2. You must cite to the course materials to support your analysis in your memo. Your memo should include a Works Cited with at least 5 resources from the course using the American Psychological Association (APA) formatting standards. (There are links to APA format standards under Library Services.)
The Project memo should start with an introductory paragraph and end with a concluding paragraph and be between 4-5 pages. The layout should include double spaces, Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, with one inch margins that include first line indentation.
Please include a Cover Page for your assignment with the following elements:
- Include your name
- Course title and number
- Project title
- Topic selected
- Date of submission