Your presentation will be judged on how well you succeed in producing a well thought out, clear research that shows you can interpret and intelligently discuss the issue and how well you can backup your findings with evidence.
Create a research presentation must include one of each the following categories:
- A Restaurant that promotes a healthy menu item
- An item that can be purchased in a grocery store claiming to be a healthy choice
- A television, magazine, or billboard advertisement claiming a healthy choice
Analyze and explain the associated health problems of the obesity epidemic.
Address the following:
- Assess the various techniques for measuring body fat.
- Describe the risks associated with excess body fat.
- Discuss at least three factors that influence the obesity epidemic.
- What are some health problems associated with obesity?
- Explain at least three research supported strategies for weight management.
- Describe the essential components of an exercise regiment to maintain healthy body weight.
Slides: Create a 14-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® or Prezi® presentation. Include a title slide, introduction, content, conclusion, and a references slide.
- Include relevant images, graphs, charts and media clips. Avoid overemphasis on Clip Art.
- Speaker notes in paragraph form that detail the implications of each slide are strongly encouraged, but not required.
Citations & References: a minimum of three references- the course text and two additional references. All presentations must have a reference slide adhering to APA format. Relevant images should be included and cited.