View the following videos:
- Money, Power and Wall Street: Part 1, in Frontline.
- Money, Power and Wall Street: Part 2, in Frontline.
Then, answer the questions below in your discussion:
- What was the impact of the near failure of Bear Stearns and the failure of Lehman Brothers on money markets?
- What actions did the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department take? What were the impacts of the decisions, if any?
- Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates’ posts.
Suppose you need $1 million to start your dream business. Describe two ways you would generate the funds needed to start such a business. Next, discuss any risks or benefits you should be aware of when gathering these funds. Provide examples to support your response.
Imagine you have completed your bachelor’s degree at Strayer and are searching for a job in finance, accounting, or business. Using various employment websites (Monster Jobs, Indeed Job Search, or USAJobs), find three careers in finance, accounting, or business in which you are interested. Be sure to specifically address why you are interested in the career, what qualifications you have or may need to get this position, and where you see yourself in this career, long-term.